TERMS AND CONDITIONS
EXPLORE YOUR UK IMMIGRATION OPPORTUNITIES TODAY AND CHANGE YOUR LIFE
1.2 Diyukimmigrationserices.com is a website operated by DIY UK Immigration Services Limited (the company) and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 10718779 and its registered address is at Unity Business Centre, 26 Roundhay Road, Leeds, LS7 1AB, United Kingdom.
1.3 These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) are a legally binding agreement between you and DIY UK Immigration Services Limited. These Conditions govern your access and use of Diyukimmigrationserices.com (the “Website”), including any part thereof and any User Services (see paragraph 2 below) offered thereon. By accessing this Website, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and confirmed your acceptance of all the parts of the Terms. It is important that you read and understand the Terms before you start to use this Website. If you do not agree with all parts of the Terms then you are not authorised to use this Website. You may print and keep a copy of the Terms for your reference.
1.4 DIY UK Immigration Services Limited is not a law firm regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and it is not a business or organisation that is regulated by the Office of the Immigration Service Commissioners (OISC). We do not directly provide legal advice. Our Immigration templates, checking service and assessment tools have all been developed by qualified Solicitors. The Solicitors we currently work with are Leeds Legal Solutions Limited which is company regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority under SRA no 558148. We may from time to time use other Solicitors to provide products and services. We will not notify you when this happens but will ensure that all products and services provided by other Solicitors are provided with a fit for purpose guarantee from them.
1.5 The content of the website is provided for guidance and information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. When you prepare and submit your application after using our products or services you will be acting in person, which means you will be making your application yourself and representing yourself at all times. This agreement does not create a Solicitor client relationship with us or Leeds Legal Solutions Limited or any other Solicitors we use from time to time to provide products or services. If you want to establish a Solicitor client relationship with a firm of Solicitors or representative authorised by the SRA or OISC then you must instruct them directly.
1.6 Purchase and Delivery of Products Once you have purchased a digital product we will immediately provide you will be a download link to that product. You can download the product up to 3 times within 28 days from the date of purchase.
1.7 Purchase and Delivery of Services Once you have purchased a services such as telephone advice the delivery of that services will be performed on the date and time specified by you when you made the booking. Where you have purchased a legal plan then a legal plan members account will be created for you where you will have immediate access to all your legal plan benefits. Such access and benefits will remain available to you for as long as you hold a current subscription.
2. Application Templates/Products, Assessment Tools Our website provides “legal templates” also know on our site as “products” or “application products”. The products are collectively referred to in these Terms as the “Application Products”. Our website also provides a number of services including Application Self-checking and Civil Penalty Self-assessment Tools. These services are collectively referred to in these Terms as “Assessment Tools”. These tools form part of the services we offer and the use of which is strictly limited to guidance purposes only.
2.1 Permitted Use of our Application Product(s), Assessment Tools Subject to the payment of the Fee and subject to the restrictions in Clause 3 below you shall be granted a non-exclusive perpetual licence:
2.2 to use the Application Product(s) and any of the self-checking and self-assessment tools and/or documents therein for your own personal and/or business purposes;
2.3 use of which can only be for the purposes of supporting the Permitted Use, to reproduce, print and make back-up copies on any computer system; and
2.4 to copy, modify, adapt, merge, translate, disassemble, or create derivative works based upon the whole or any part of the Application Product(s) or our Assessment Tools.
3. Exceptions and Restrictions 3.1 The Permitted Use is subject to the following exceptions and restrictions:
3.1.1 You will not sell any of the Application Product(s) (or any part thereof) to third parties;
3.1.2 You will not distribute any of the tools, forms and/or documents contained within the Application Product(s), Services (or any part thereof) to third parties for sale or resale (or free of charge) whether as part of a package or as a separate product;
3.1.3 You will not use the Application Product, Assessment Tools (or any part thereof) for any purpose which rivals or competes with our business DIY UK Immigration Services Limited. In the event of a dispute between a User and DIY UK Immigration Services Limited it shall be for DIY UK Immigration Services Limited to define “rival” and/or “competing” purposes; and
3.1.4 You will not rent, lease, sub-licence or loan any of the Application Product(s), Assessment Tools (or any part thereof) to third parties.
3.3 The restrictions in sub-Clause 3.1 are subject to the provisions of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988. DIY UK Immigration Services Limited holds the copyright to all products and services material held on our site. DIY UK Immigration Services Limited waives its moral rights contained in Sections 77 – 79 of the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988 for its current users only.
3.4 The copyright and all other applicable intellectual property rights in the Product(s), Assessment Tools remain the sole property of DIY UK Immigration Services Limited.
3.5 All restrictions in this Clause 3 shall apply to the Application Product(s), Assessment Tools and all parts thereof, and any derivative works created by you using the same.
3.6 All licences, consents and restrictions contained in these Terms and Conditions shall be limited to the normal duration of copyright in literary works as defined in the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988, Section 12 (the life of the author, plus 70 years).
4. Ownership DIY UK Immigration Services Limited shall at all times retain ownership of the Application Products and Assessment Tools save for any new products, assessment tools or documents that are created and completed within the permission granted by sub-Clause 2.3 of these Terms and Conditions.
5. Fees, Payment and Purchases
5.1 All Fees appearing on this Website are exclusive of Value Added Tax. Value Added Tax shall be added to any and all sums due at the point of sale.
5.2 All transactions processed through this Website are handled by Paypal. No payment details are collected, stored or processed by DIY UK Immigration Services Limited. We do not accept responsibility for any problems you may have in making payment through Paypal.
5.3 Upon the successful completion of a subscription payment, the Fee Period of one calendar month shall commence. Immediately following the end of the Fee Period, the Free Period of 5 calendar months shall commence. During both the Fee Period and the Free Period you shall have access to the Product, Services, Member benefits (or the relevant part thereof as determined by your subscription).
6. Product and Liability
6.1 We will use reasonable endeavours to correct any defects in the Application Product(s) or Assessment Tools of which we are made aware in a timely manner.
6.2 We will not be liable for any loss of any kind including lost profits or other consequential losses arising from your use or inability to use the Application Product(s), Assessment Tools, Advice received from third party Lawyers or from errors or deficiencies in any part of the Application Product(s), Assessment Tools or Advice provided by a third part Lawyer.
6.3 You should ensure that any Application Product, Assessment Tool (or part thereof) acquired from DIY UK Immigration Services Limited is appropriate and complete in all respects for its intended purpose. We give no representation or warranty that such material will be fit for its intended purpose, useful to you or of satisfactory quality. You will accept the same as being offered to you for guidance purposes only.
6.4 You acknowledge that any Application Product, Assessment Tools (or part thereof) purchased may, in the future, need to be amended in response to changes in the Immigration or European rules and regulations. We are not responsible for advising you of any such changes or amendments unless you are a user of a legal plan that provides that service.
6.5 No liability shall attach to DIY UK Immigration Services Limited, our directors or officers, our employees, third party lawyers or retained consultants for loss or damage of any nature suffered as a result of the use of the Application Product, Assessment Tools or for any errors or omissions in the contents of any tools or documents offered through our site.
6.7 Our Application Products are for guidance and information purposes only and are not to be construed as legal advice, legal services or otherwise.
6.8 Our Application Products, Assessment Tools are primarily designed for use by persons who do not have complex legal requirements or who have taken appropriate legal advice from a Solicitor or Lawyer as described at 7.1 below. If you have any concerns about your potential application then you should obtain independent legal advice from a qualified lawyer. DIY UK Immigration Services Limited is not responsible for the advice you receive from a third-party independent law firm under the terms of this agreement.
7. User Services The following services are provided on and by way of this Website. These services are collectively referred to in these Terms as the “Services”: Telephone Advice Civil Penalty Self-assessment Tool Self-checking assessment Tool Legal Plan Services Specific details regarding Application Services are contained within sections 7.1 to 7.4 below.
7.1 Telephone Advice You can book a telephone consultation (also known as telephone advice) on our Website, the advice you receive will be provided by Leeds Legal Solutions Limited who are Solicitors authorised to provide immigration advice. Alternatively, we may decide that your advice should be provided by a different law firm who will also be authorised to provide such advice. Once you have booked and paid for your advice you will be entitled to speak to a lawyer for no more than 30 minutes. DIY UK Immigration Services Limited is not responsible for the advice you receive from a third-party independent law firm under the terms of this agreement.
7.2 Civil Penalty Self-assessment Tools Our Civil Penalty Assessment Tool is a useful and powerful tool that has been designed by an Immigration Lawyer to provide you with self-help. It is designed to collect relevant information and data to assist you in determining whether you could be liable for a civil penalty. It achieves this result by determining whether you are currently complying with UK legislation regarding housing and employing migrants. If you are not complying then you could be liable for a civil penalty of up to £20,000 per person. If you use these tools then in doing so you accept that the tools are an assessment guide only. Undertaking the assessment and the outcome thereof does not in itself guarantee that you will not be issued with a civil penalty for breaking the law. Our Civil Penalty Assessment Tools are for guidance and information purposes only and are not to be construed as legal advice, legal services or otherwise. If you have any concerns about your potential liability then you should obtain independent legal advice from a qualified lawyer. DIY UK Immigration Services Limited is not responsible for the advice you receive from a third-party independent law firm under the terms of this agreement.
7.3 Application Self-checking assessment Tools Our Application Self-checking assessment Tools are useful and powerful tools that have been designed by an Immigration Lawyer to provide you with self-help. The tools will guide you through a series of questions related to your proposed application. It will help you to determine whether you have completed the application correctly and provided all the required documentation. Undertaking the Self-assessment Checking Service tool does not in itself guarantee that your application will be successful. Our Self-assessment tools are for guidance and information purposes only and are not to be construed as legal advice, legal services or otherwise. If you have any concerns about your potential application then you should obtain independent legal advice from a qualified lawyer. DIY UK Immigration Services Limited is not responsible for the advice you receive from a third-party independent law firm under the terms of this agreement.
7.4 Legal Plans and Plan Member Products and Services We offer 4 legal plans; Individual, Business, Employer and Landlord. Details of each specific plan can be found on our site on the page relating to that specific plan. It is your responsibility to ensure that you sign up to the right plan. If you do not initially sign up for the correct plan you may cancel that plan in line with our plan cancelation terms contained within section 7.5 below. We will not refund any money paid in error as a result of you purchasing the wrong plan. We have 3 plan membership terms; 12 months, 6 Months and monthly. You may upgrade or downgrade your plan term at any time. Each plan term comes with its own specific membership benefits and you should therefore identify your specific needs before choosing a plan. You should also note that Legal plan telephone advice is provided through a third-party independent law firm(s) under the terms of an agreement between DIY UK Immigration Services Limited and the third party law firm. Should you find that the telephone advice provider does not provide the advice you need in your particular case, you should contact us immediately and we may engage the services of a different lawyer at another firm or within the same firm to provide that advice. All other plan products and services are provided exclusively by DIY UK Immigration Services Limited as long as that product or service does not at any time relate to or amount to providing specific immigration advice.
7.5 Commencement of Plan Services By accepting these Terms, you are providing your agreement in writing to enable us to commence with either your 12 monthly, 6 monthly or monthly legal plan following the end of any trial period offered to you or after any period offered to you where you have waived your right to that offer of free trial period or the remaining free trial period. You will not have access to any plan member discounts on products or services during your 14 day trial period (the cancellation period). You will however be able to view all the discounts on offer within your member area. If you want access to the full legal plan member benefits within the 14 day trial period, then you will need to waive your right to have whatever remaining free trial period you have left and buy a plan now.
8. Value Added Tax (“VAT”) will be added to all purchase of products and services provided by DIY UK Immigration Services Limited.
9. All prices are subject to applicable VAT.
10. If you believe you should not be paying VAT or have any doubts as to your VAT position, it is recommended that you consult your own adviser before going ahead with any purchase of User products or Services through this Website.
11. Satisfaction Guarantee and Cancellation of Contracts In addition to certain guarantees provided by law, DIY UK Immigration Services Limited guarantees your satisfaction with our products and services. If you are not satisfied with our products and or services, please contact us immediately and we will correct the situation, provide a refund or offer credit that can be used for future DIY UK Immigration Services Limited orders. DIY UK Immigration Services Limited Satisfaction Guarantee Details: If you’re not satisfied, simply call us during our normal business hours. All requests made under this guarantee must be made within 60 days of purchase. We will process your request within 5 business days. Unfortunately, we can’t refund or credit any money paid on your behalf to third parties with a role in processing your order under the terms of an agreement to do so such as to provide telephone advice or advice under the terms of a legal plan agreement unless you can show that you have received a poor service from them. 10. Cancellations under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013 Notice of Right to Cancel In the event that our satisfaction guarantee provides a lesser guarantee than that provided for under the Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013, then you have the right to cancel your contract within 14 calendar days of entering the contract without giving any reason. To exercise your right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts Regulations requirements, you must inform DIY UK Immigration Services Limited via email at firstname.lastname@example.org of your decision and reasons to cancel. You may use the following cancellation form: Cancellation Notice To DIY UK Immigration Services Limited, email@example.com. I hereby give notice that I cancel my contract of the supply of the following service, Name: Address: Signature of consumer: Date: Effects of cancellation If you cancel this contract within the cancelation period, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you within that period. We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and no later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract. We may make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction or any other method we deem appropriate. You will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement. If you requested us to begin the performance of services under a legal plan during the cancellation period, you shall pay us an amount which is in proportion of that plan term to what has been performed until you have communicated to us your wish cancellation this contract. The minimum plan term shall be 1 month. 11. Access to the Website Reasonable efforts will be made to keep this Website available for use; however access is not guaranteed to be available all the time. DIY UK Immigration Services Limited will not be liable for any damage or loss suffered as a result of any periodic unavailability of this Website. Due to the nature of the internet and the possibility of third party interference, this Website is not guaranteed to be free of all viruses and technical defects of any description or any forms of computer misuse. DIY UK Immigration Services Limited will not be liable for any damage or loss caused by such third party interference as a result of your use of this Website. You acknowledge that you are responsible for taking back up copies of your data and taking appropriate precautions to protect your computer systems against technical defects, viruses or computer misuse. If there are links from this Website to other websites operated by third parties, DIY UK Immigration Services does not guarantee that you will be able to access the other websites via any link on this Website. DIY UK Immigration Services does not guarantee the content or accuracy of any third party’s website, nor do we accept any responsibility for any damage or loss you may suffer as a result of your use of that website.
13. Copyright and trademark notices ALL CONTENT FOUND ON THE WEBSITE (“DIY UK IMMIGRATION SERVICES LIMITED CONTENT”) IS PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT AND ALL OTHER APPLICABLE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. DIY UK IMMIGRATION SERVICES LIMITED CONTENT IS FOR YOUR PERSONAL USE ONLY AND NOT FOR RESALE. YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE DOES NOT ENTITLE YOU TO RESELL ANY DIY UK IMMIGRATION SERVICES LIMITED CONTENT FROM THE WEBSITE. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND YOUR PROMISE THAT YOU WILL NOT RESELL OR OTHERWISE ATTEMPT TO COMMERCIALLY BENEFIT FROM THE DIY UK IMMIGRATION SERVICES LIMITED CONTENT WITHOUT THE EXPRESS WRITTEN CONSENT OF DIY UK IMMIGRATION SERVICES LIMITED. IF YOU PRINT OFF, COPY OR DOWNLOAD ANY PART OF THE WEBSITE IN BREACH OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOUR RIGHT TO USE THE WEBSITE WILL CEASE IMMEDIATELY AND YOU MUST, AT OUR OPTION, RETURN OR DESTROY ANY COPIES OF THE MATERIALS YOU HAVE MADE.
13.1 Trademarks 1. DIY UK Immigration service Limited is a registered trademark. 2. Prohibited use As a condition of your use of this Website, you warrant to us that you will not use this Website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
15. General liability disclaimer THE INFORMATION INCLUDED IN OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS. CHANGES ARE PERIODICALLY ADDED TO THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE. DIY UK IMMIGRATION SERVICES LIMITED AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAY MAKE IMPROVEMENTS AND/OR CHANGES IN THE WEBSITE AT ANY TIME. INFORMATION AND OPINIONS RECEIVED VIA THE WEBSITE SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON FOR PERSONAL, LEGAL OR FINANCIAL DECISIONS AND YOU SHOULD CONSULT AN APPROPRIATE PROFESSIONAL FOR SPECIFIC ADVICE TAILORED TO YOUR SITUATION. DIY UK IMMIGRATION SERVICES LIMITED WILL USE ITS REASONABLE EFFORTS TO KEEP THE WEBSITE AVAILABLE AND THE INFORMATION ON THE WEBSITE REASONABLY ACCURATE, DIY UK IMMIGRATION SERVICES LIMITED AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY, AVAILABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE FOR ANY PURPOSE. ALL SUCH INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND. DIY UK IMMIGRATION SERVICES AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH REGARD TO THIS INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND RELATED GRAPHICS, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU USE THE WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN RISK. NEITHER DIY UK IMMIGRATION SERVICES LIMITED NOR ANY COMPANY WITHIN OUR GROUP, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS, EMPLOYEES AND SUB-CONTRACTORS, SHALL BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PARTY FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER OR HOWSOEVER ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE (WHETHER UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR OTHER CONTRACT OR AS A RESULT OF ANY MISREPRESENTATION, MISSTATEMENT OR TORTIOUS ACT OR OMISSION, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE). UNDER THIS PARAGRAPH: “DIY UK IMMIGRATION SERVICES LIMITED’S LIABILITY” INCLUDES THAT OF ANY COMPANY IN OUR GROUP AND OUR AND THEIR RESPECTIVE AGENTS EMPLOYEES, SUB-CONTRACTORS; “YOU” INCLUDES ANY OTHER PARTY CLAIMING THROUGH YOU; “LOSS OR DAMAGE”INCLUDES ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES, COSTS OR EXPENSES WHATSOEVER OR HOWSOEVER ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH USE OF THE WEBSITE, WHETHER UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR OTHER AGREEMENT OR AS A RESULT OF ANY MISREPRESENTATION, MISTATEMENT OR TORTIOUS ACT OR OMISSION, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE. THIS SECTION OF THE TERMS & CONDITIONS DOES NOT AFFECT CLAIMS RELATING TO DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE AND DOES NOT LIMIT OR EXCLUDE ANY LIABILITY FOR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
15. Modifications DIY UK Immigration Services Limited reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and disclaimers under which this Website or any service offered through it is offered. This right shall not affect the existing terms and conditions accepted by you upon making a legitimate purchase using this Website. These terms and conditions shall not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
16. General This agreement is governed by the laws of United Kingdom. You hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United Kingdom courts in all disputes arising out of or relating to the use of this Website. Use of this Website is unauthorised in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect.
17. Refunds We operate a refund policy that shall, at all times, be subject to our discretion. Any User wishing to receive a refund should contact us for further information. Please note that if you have used your free Telephone advice consultation within our legal plans (or any portion thereof), you will not be eligible for a refund. Last Updated: July 2021